SKILL Assessment by ACS - Part 2

I had all things, so thought that I will apply on the coming weekend. On Sunday, I opened ACS site and started applying by creating an account - I was in for a surprise. Thing was that my brother applied for ACS where he sent all document as hard copy - so he sent all he had; that was a bundle of certified photocopies that he sent - and he suggested me to collect for all those documents he sent out. But now, the system was completely online - hence they have a kind of step wise wizard to upload different type of documents with clearly mentioned guidelines what to load and what not to load, mentioned in bold - for example things like anything below high school level was not required.

Relief was that I had all the documents that were required except CV (which was optional) but that means I have prepared around 3-4 times the documents that were actually required. Anyways, I uploaded all the required documents and then as a last step I paid the fees - which showed a message that my application was submitted and I got the mail mentioning the same instantly. Woah - all done, that was some relief! And now, the wait begins. Waiting would have been a sweet thing that I can handle - but it was not in my cards, not yet!

I had submitted application on Sunday evening (Indian Standard Time), that's around midnight of Oz. I got a mail that put me in action the very next morning (Monday) - it was from my assessor; and he was not happy with both the statutory declaration that I sent - mail was kind of long and not very clear that what change I need to do - but by interpreting it and a couple of to-and-fro mails with assessor - cleared things for me. Basically, my statutory declaration started with "I, <my-name>, ..." - but the declaration required by ACS should be in manager/senior's wording - "I, <my-managers-name>, manager of <my-name>...". Panic took me in grip.

That Monday gone by calling and arranging another set of stamp papers and talking to managers/seniors who signed me earlier. Luckily I got those two again with changed wording; by the time I got them - it was early Nov already. I mailed my assessor with the new documents and in his reply came a relief that he is okay with the documents and things will be processed further on their end. Much awaited 'wait' began at that point. This wait was over after over a month; but here I received my ACS result just after invites for 3rd Dec was sent out - I missed that EOI invite round. As I knew, with 65 points - I will be invited in the very next round of invites. But as I got ACS result after the invites - I was required to wait till the next round.

Go to ACS Skill Assessment Page to see the information on Skill assessment for Australia.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Was going thro ur writeup n gotta lotta useful info.
    I am currently working in a Big IT company and got 15 yrs of exp.
    I think its difficult to get a letter from my company regarding my exp.
    Can I show proofs like my Salary slips, my latest promotion letter, my offer letter, Form16, Bank statements... to prove i have been working in this designation in that company till date?
    Pls advice me.
    Also, do i have to submit any proof for financial support.... like proof of my property n stuff like that. I spoke with an agent and she told me something like that, but i dont think i read anything like that in ur blog... could u pls throw some light in this area.

    Appreciate ur help... Thanks,
    Uday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SuperM,

    What all documents do I require to file my ACS. I have all company letters with me. I also have documents of all my college/professional life.

    Would you take out some time listing them here?

    Regards,
    C

    ReplyDelete