Starting to know the process

Yeah, I know that you must be thinking that my brother spent almost 8-9 months with the process of applying and getting the PR; so I should be knowing in and out of the process. But, I admit- I did not know a thing about that until after my brother got the PR. As I had something different planned on Feb 2012 - it was my marriage; so the time before that, was well spent on planning and arranging my marriage (it was a love marriage hence required a little more effort and involvement from groom himself :)).

Now when I was done with marriage and honeymoon trip - it was already March. My brother was pondering over the timing to resign from his office and along with it - applying any and every job offer he could see on sites like seek.com.au; although he knew it was quite hard to bag a job while sitting offshore but one's gotta try! At that time I started asking him that someday take a session and enlighten me with the process to do all this PR stuff - but somehow we did not get time for the same.

Later, when his flight tickets were already booked for him to fly off in June and he had his friend in Melbourne prepared that he will be landing in his home for a few days. He mentioned that the process he followed is not going to help me as entire thing is going to be changed from July 1 as DIAC is coming up with new thing called Skillselect - so I was asked to wait till 1st July to watch the change. Only thing I was certain of at that instant was that I have to give IELTS and score at-least 7 in each module. Hence, started my on and off preparation for the same. But the thing with engineers is that they can not study efficiently until they know the exam date for certain :)

While my brother was now planning to shift to a rented place from his friend's place in Melbourne itself; I was trying to find out details of the process from the forum whose link my brother gave me - Expat Forum. After around search of 3 weeks, he got a job in a related domain field - it was a contract job for 6 months - with a decent pay! While he was really happy to land a job, my parents and his wife (who was still in India waiting for her husband to get a job) were really really relieved - after all it was quite a risk that he took leaving his well paid job and going out to entirely a new Country!

1 comment:

  1. Latest Overseas Jobs 2020

    UK-USA-UAE-Dubai International Latest Jobs 2020

    To Work abroad is everybody's fantasy and the vast majority of the youthful and gifted residents of Pakistan s are in scan for the occupations in abroad. What's more,
    here on our site, we will give you Overseas Jobs to Pakistani in KSA, UAE, UK, Canada, and Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Libya, Malaysia, Oman, Kuwait, UK,
    Canada and numerous different spots. Our principle thought process is to be submitted with giving you the best offices identified with Jobs
    here at our site and because of you have trust on us we are giving you our best administrations to you. We have built up this website page
    for you to encourage our cherished clients who have high capabilities, abilities and experience and want to work abroad in various nations like Saudi Arabia, KSA, UAE,
    Canada, UK, USA, Germany, and Korea and so forth.

    Most recent Overseas Jobs in Pakistan 2020

    Here at this International Jobs page of our site,
    we'll update you with all the most recent employments of various nations regularly in which you'll have all the data identified with the activity like the last date to apply,
    talk with date, scene and all the data the is fundamental for an applicant.
    The International Jobs includes the occupations for a global vocation and other worldwide work open doors for the competitors.
    Quest for worldwide and abroad employments over the world and go for your next activity today!

    ReplyDelete