Applying Australian Visa (PR SI 189)

I pondered so many times that when would the time to actually apply VISA/PR would come. This was it. Almost 5 months went into getting me to this spot. And still - my parents asked me this 'you really want to apply?' - Gawd!

So here I was on leave on 17th - waiting for my brother to come from his office (if you don't remember - he is in Melbourne) - to apply for Visa. Why was I waiting for him, you ask? Well, he had a debit card which can pay out 3060$ as Visa fees for starters and then he would be able to resolve any questions I had while lodging Visa. When I started out the process - it had long forms to fill in with my information, this was something I could have done before my bro came from office - but I did not know that, so have to go with the flow now. After long forms, I made the payment which went through without any issues. So Visa is now lodged and need to upload each and every document I had which was required to prove me worthy of those precious 65 points. Using the link for eVisa login page - I was able to upload the documents. 

For information on Visa lodging and eVisa page you can check this eVisa information page.

Only part left from my side was to do Medicals. I read in Expat Forum, that we should wait till we get acknowledgement mail of Visa lodge - this is a automatic mail that comes after lodging Visa - it can come anytime between few minutes to several days from lodging Visa. Of-course, later I came to know acknowledgment isn't really required for doing Medicals, only thing you want to do is click on the 'organize health examination' link available under each applicant on eVisa page. You can refer to eVisa information page for more information on this. I received acknowledgement on 21st Dec - that is - after 4 days of applying Visa. Some don't even receive acknowledgment, ever!

I went ahead and got my medicals done at nearby clinic on 28th Dec - it was smooth experience and we both were done in an hour. We were told that result would be uploaded in couple of days, I was okay with it as it was a weekend. Next Tuesday, I inquired about meds from clinic - they said its uploaded. But, according to my information Med links on eVisa should have disappeared if meds are uploaded, but they did not until couple of more days. Still my med link got removed but wifey's med link was still shining on eVisa page. On asking persistently to clinic's receptionist, she passed on the call to lady in charge of uploading things, and she mentioned she is facing difficulty in uploading her Meds and sent a query to concerned DIAC team. It took another week to get that sorted out.

Now, situation was that meds were uploaded by CO was not assigned and delays in getting CO was increasing by the day. Another hurdle was that sometime Meds get referred to MOC - which is another body and generally Meds are referred when the person supposed to finalise the Meds is not able to take a call. When this happens it adds couple of more months to the process cycle.I found a way to confirm if our Meds are finalized or not - you can check Medical status page for more information on this. As per this, my medicals were finalized. Some relief.

Now the wait for CO goes on..

10 comments:

  1. The Australians are known for their friendly nature but the government has a long lived reputation to maintain the security standards at their border and the integrity of immigration rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Medical Status page is really helpful in determining whether are MEDs are finalized or not. This can help for a faster and easier visa processing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback!
      Glad that its helping out applicants!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the post. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!Get visa for Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I am about to lodge my 189 visa application. I have completed form 80 for both myself and my spouse. I am the base applicant and my spouse is additional applicant. I am not claiming any points for my spouse. My spouse has been involved in employment / small business. I have following queries;

    1. Is it necessary to provide my spouse’s employment / business details?
    2. Even if I do provide the details, do I need to submit documents in support of my spouse’s employment / business?
    3. If yes, then what all documents are to be provided in support of my spouse’s business activities?

    Please help

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sir/madam,

    Can you please advice or suggest if Australia Immigration department is/will accept IELTS Academic for people who are applying for PR ( Subclass 189 ). Have you experienced any clients cases which you have dealt with recently. Please let me know.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. a question if you may... Just recently submitted my 189 visa application.

    I just uploaded my Diploma and English translated Diploma.. but erroneously put on the document type - Letter/Statement - Education Institution when it should be at Educational Certificate - Diploma, Degree, etc.

    Has anybody encountered a problem like this?

    Do I wait for the Case Officer to address this? (I still don't have one yet) or is there any other course of action?

    Thank you to those who will answer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi , I have received response of my EOI as "Invitation to apply Visa". I am applying under 189 .My question is what should be my next step ?
    I have made my immi account and can see that I do need to fill the information but one questions asks "If I have done medical check in last 12 months". does this mean that I should completed medical check up before submitting this ??
    Let me rephrase again, ACS assesment done, IELTS done , EOI submitted, got response "Invitation to apply Visa". Now what shall be my next step ??
    Fill the form or first go for medical ?
    Also Is there some information to compete the Medical Check ?? I called the no. of clinic and they said I need HAP ID to make reservation for medical .
    I am in Tokyo . Any help is appreciated .
    Thanks for your time and support.
    Best Regards
    Tajinder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    I am trying for 189 visa and have 60 points.
    I have few questions:
    1) I have applied for Skill Assessment in January,2014 and as per immigration website average processing time for skill assessment is 16 weeks.Does it really take 16 weeks to complete?????
    2) Also I want to ask what is the best time to go for PCC and Medicals.Should i got for it before getting the result of Skill Assessment.Will it effect anything except Maximum Entry Date(MED) as i am planning to go there within 2 3 months after getting my PR??
    3) Also Please guide me related to my PCC.I am presently residing in Jabalpur,Madhya Pradesh with my wife as i am working here but address in my passport is of haryana which is my hometown.So,At which Passport Seva Kendra(Madhya Pradesh or Haryana) i have to go to for my PCC and how much time it takes to get PCC after visiting Passport Seva Kendra in India as in your case.
    4) I dont have my spouse name in my passport as it is made much before my marriage. So, does it is required to add my spouse name in my passport.
    5) My wife has my surname in her passport as it was made after marriage but in all her documents she has surname of her parents which was used before marriage. Does it effect anything in the process.

    Please Reply

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete